List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: IO-slave configuration
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 18:24:26

On Wednesday 16 May 2001 04:18, Sergio Moretti wrote:
> Hi,
> I hope to not come too late to put my review ;) on the new slave
> configuration framework.
> Here some points:
> Lack of a per-slave configuration, I mean the possibilty to have a
> different configuration for every currently active slave's instance.

You mean with slaves in connection-oriented mode? You can call
slave->setConfig() for those... does the slaveConfig stuf interfere badly
with that?

> configNeeded signal not configurable, I think that this is a important
> point of extension, e.g. what if configuration is created dynamically
> when the host is hit, not before.

What do you mean with "hit"?

> Don't handle persistence of configuration's entries, maybe in some
> cases this is not needed, but if it is, you have to duplicate your
> efforts to manage it.

Configuration is more likely to happen from a Control Center module than from
the aplication itself. If it happens from the application it is most likely
application specific and should be stored in an application specific manner.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com