List:       kde-devel
Subject:    IO-slave configuration
From:       Sergio Moretti <sermore () infinito ! it>
Date:       2001-05-16 11:18:29

Hi,
I hope to not come too late to put my review ;) on the new slave
configuration framework.
Here some points:
Lack of a per-slave configuration, I mean the possibilty to have a
different configuration for every currently active slave's instance.
configNeeded signal not configurable, I think that this is a important
point of extension, e.g. what if configuration is created dynamically
when the host is hit, not before.
Don't handle persistence of configuration's entries, maybe in some
cases this is not needed, but if it is, you have to duplicate your
efforts to manage it.

Obviously, if I have missed some points, please tell me.

cheers,
	Sergio