List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hello gents
From:       Christoph Cullmann <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2001-05-14 21:26:18

Am Montag, 14. Mai 2001 22:56 schrieb Raffaele Sandrini:
> Yes exactly, i'm a new (pretty new) face on the developpers heaven of KDE.
>
> I'd like to contribute much to the project (perhaps i don't know what i am
> saying but i'll find it out soon :-))).
>
> I am pretty new to C++ and QT but i have now made several apps and i don't
> think that it's that hard.
>
> I want do do bug fixing... because i have not the feeling at this time for
> new features (but that'll rise :-)) and i dont think that I'am ready for
> maintaing some job or something...
>
> About the bugs:
> I looked several time at bugs.kde.org there are really many :-). But i
> don't know exactly wich one are real "outstanding" bugs because i saw some
> wich were critical and 300 days old. I mean at this time there wasn't
> really KDE2. Any hints?
That is the problem of all our devs, which bugs are allready closed but are
on bugs.kde.org ?
Look at the bugreport, test it, if it works close it, if not, try to fix it.
If you have a BIG bug and want to do BIG changes better ask the maintainer of
the program before commiting stuff to CVS (or send him the patch).

cu
Christoph