List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 2.2 beta 1, freeze
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-14 21:20:41

Hiya,

This week we hope to deliver KDE 2.2 beta 1. Some applications still seem to
have some rough edges so I would appreciate it if people could focus on
solving those remaining issues. Please everyone, update to the latest version
in CVS and report/fix any problems that you find and that you think should
not end up in the beta.

I will tag CVS on wednesday evening (that's thursday morning in Europe). Once
CVS is tagged, only bugfixes that need to go in the beta release should be
committed. Once the KDE 2.2 beta 1 has been moved to the ftp server, CVS will
be open again.

After KDE 2.2 beta 1: After the beta CVS will be open again, but I would like
to urge everyone to concentrate on bugfixing and speed-issues from now on.
Translatable messages will not be frozen until KDE 2.2 beta 2.

Question to translators: Should the current beta, KDE 2.2 beta 1, include
i18n-packages or not?

Cheers,
Waldo
--