List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror misrendering?
From:       "Adriaan de Groot" <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-14 21:00:13

[ cc-ed to kfm-devel since that seems to be the konqueror devel list ]

On Monday 14 May 2001 17:41, Andreas Schlapbach wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2001, James Tappin wrote:

> > > Same here... 5 day old cvs build
> > Fine with 2.1.1
> A testcase of the page stripped down to where the problem ocuurs would
> help a lot more. ;)

Andreas: actually the original question was: is this misrendering due to my
compile of konqueror or a real problem? And we have three votes for "real
problem" and one additional comment that it was fine in 2.1.1 (which i knew,
since i run 2.1.1 on another machine and it renders fine.)

Anyway, I've discovered that removing the table captions -- which are buggy
in their own right -- makes the table render just fine. The problematic bit
of HTML looks like this:

	<CAPTION><P><BR></CAPTION>

so the unbalanced <P> seems to be a problem. Well, I've attached a mini-HTML
file that displays the problem, and once you fix the bug -- or fixup the
caption tag, you will see a subversive message translated freely from an old
dutch song by Doe Maar.

--
[ade] at home, probably hacking at KPilot
["minitest.html" (text/html)]

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>This is a test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>This is a song about a plant.</P>
<TABLE>
<!-- This works:   CAPTION P Hi /P /CAPTION -->
<!-- This works:   CAPTION Hi /CAPTION      -->
<!-- This doesn't: CAPTION P /CAPTION       -->
<CAPTION><P>Song</CAPTION>
<TR>
<TD><P>A strong plant</P></TD>
<TD><P>A powerful plant</P></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>&nbsp;</TD>
<TD>A beautiful, a pleasant, a useful plant.</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD COLSPAN="2">
This is a song about the <I>cannabis sativa hollandica</I>,
also known as Nederwiet.
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>