List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CALL for QA team (was about kde.com poll)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-09 21:09:19

On Wednesday, 9. May 2001 21:11, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:12:53PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > BTW: We urgently need at least three of four people cleaning up that mess
> > for us. I for one don't have the time to do the cleanup necessary. I try
> > my best, but I can't do it. People still report bugs to "kde", "kdelibs",
> > "general", "unknown" that are all meant for some other package.
>
> I try to go over these every few weeks and reassign whenever I am fairly
> sure I know where to put it. (although I actually added one for kdelibs
> this week, I wouldn't know where else to put a KConfig related bug)
>
> > Bugs have to be tried to reproduced with current CVS (khtml/konqueror
> > come to mind).
>
> I try to do so as well every now and then, however my problem usually is:
> "well, it works for me, but that doesn't mean it's not there for you".
Hmm, I usually write this to the bug number and if the reporter doesn't give
a way to reproduce it, I close the bug. Very often, people give more details
and I can reproduce it.

> > Bugs have to be classified. I know quite some examples where I read by
> > Ferdinand that bug xxxx should be fixed and I could fix it within an
> > hour, even when not maintaining the code, but I wouldn't find such bugs
> > on bugs.kde.org. And I'm surely not the only developer having that
> > problem.
>
> As in undescriptive titles? Or?

Not necessarly. But finding _the_ bug in a list of 200. Many bugs are there,
but don't really stop you from using an application or add real usuability
problem (I'm not talking about feature requests here!!), but I don't find the
real ones among them.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.