List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CALL for QA team (was about kde.com poll)
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-09 19:11:03

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:12:53PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> BTW: We urgently need at least three of four people cleaning up that mess
> for us. I for one don't have the time to do the cleanup necessary. I try
> my best, but I can't do it. People still report bugs to "kde", "kdelibs",
> "general", "unknown" that are all meant for some other package.

I try to go over these every few weeks and reassign whenever I am fairly
sure I know where to put it. (although I actually added one for kdelibs this
week, I wouldn't know where else to put a KConfig related bug)

> Bugs have to be tried to reproduced with current CVS (khtml/konqueror come to
> mind).

I try to do so as well every now and then, however my problem usually is:
"well, it works for me, but that doesn't mean it's not there for you".

> Bugs have to be classified. I know quite some examples where I read by
> Ferdinand that bug xxxx should be fixed and I could fix it within an hour,
> even when not maintaining the code, but I wouldn't find such bugs on
> bugs.kde.org. And I'm surely not the only developer having that problem.

As in undescriptive titles? Or?

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest