List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need help with kwin maintainance
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-09 21:24:06

On Wednesday 09 May 2001 20:22, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I need help with kwin maintainance. I would like to donate some time before
> 2.2 to fix the most severe outstanding bugs, but looking at the buglist
> (http://bugs.kde.org//db/pa/lkwin.html) is not really encouraging. Many of
> the things here are already fixed, some are not reproducable. The problem
> with the list is, that it is real work to close all those bugs (there's no
> checkbox and there's no way to close several with one mail and still give a
> short specialiued comment to every submitter).

Well, there is, almost.
You can write to control@bugs.kde.org commands like
fixed NNN  (you fixed the bug)
upgrade NNN (fixed in later versions)
duplicate NNN (closing as duplicate)
close NNN  (bogus report or anything else)

With this, you can close a lot of bugs at once and still give a hint to
the reporters about what happened (the generated message is different
in each case).

With credits to Dirk for all that :)

PS: I still agree that anyone else could do that sorting and let you
fix the real bugs :)