List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: META Key working in Qt2.3
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-09 21:27:40

Dne st 9. květen 2001 22:24 Ellis Whitehead napsal(a):
> Following up on my post about a new keyboard schema:
>
> A couple people said that the META isn't supported in Qt2.x.  Withfour
> lines of code (2 to qapplication_x11.cpp and 2 to qnamespace.h) and a
> little test app, and as far as i can tell, it works fine.
>
> If anyone know of hidden problems here, please let me know.  I'm going to
> start checking out how to integrate this into KGlobalAccel and family...
> (any pointers here could be useful too <grin>)
>
> Thanks!
> Ellis

[snip]

 Well, I did something similar for KHotKeys-1.0.4 for KDE1.x and Qt1.x . And
if I remember correctly, code using only 3 modifiers didn't mix well with my
4mods code ( I even had keyboard lockups ). I ended up using my own
KGlobalAccel version only. You can probably make it better, I don't remember
what exactly were the problems.
 If you're still interested in doing the change, have look at
http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/en/khotkeys , it contains modified versions of
kglobalaccel.* and kkeydialog.* , so you might diff them against standard
KDE1.1.2, the differences made should be similar in KDE2/Qt2. The basic rule
is simply searching for code refering to the shift/ctrl/alt modifiers and
adding another one.  I'd be even interested in your changes, even if that
would mean not being compatible with original KDE/Qt .

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli