List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Automounted HOME and multiple logins
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-04-12 10:03:03

On Thursday 12 April 2001 08:39, Mathias Waack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after upgrading to 2.1.1 I've got a problem which seemed to be solved
> in 2.0: Our Machines are mostly Suns running Solaris 8. The home dirs
> are automounted. If I log into different machines at the same time,
> KDE runs amok after some time: starting a new KDE program results in
> something like a fork-forever in kdeinit. The system gets terrible
> slow, but thats not a wonder: there are more then 250 instances of
> kdeinit running. It doesn't help to kill them, because there are
> restarted immediatly.

I have fixed such a problem that happened if dcopserver couldn't read from
the .DCOPserver_blah file. In my case it was because I set the charset
to UTF-16, and qtextstream couldn't read the file. In your case it seems to be
that the .DCOPserver_blah file gets overwritten by the second session.
This should NOT happen since the filename contains the hostname
and the display name - which wasn't the case in 2.0, so on the contrary
I would expect 2.0 to have this bug, not 2.1.1.
Can you check what happens to the ~/.DCOPserver* files ?