On Thursday 12 April 2001 08:39, Mathias Waack wrote: > Hi all, > > after upgrading to 2.1.1 I've got a problem which seemed to be solved > in 2.0: Our Machines are mostly Suns running Solaris 8. The home dirs > are automounted. If I log into different machines at the same time, > KDE runs amok after some time: starting a new KDE program results in > something like a fork-forever in kdeinit. The system gets terrible > slow, but thats not a wonder: there are more then 250 instances of > kdeinit running. It doesn't help to kill them, because there are > restarted immediatly. I have fixed such a problem that happened if dcopserver couldn't read from the .DCOPserver_blah file. In my case it was because I set the charset to UTF-16, and qtextstream couldn't read the file. In your case it seems to be that the .DCOPserver_blah file gets overwritten by the second session. This should NOT happen since the filename contains the hostname and the display name - which wasn't the case in 2.0, so on the contrary I would expect 2.0 to have this bug, not 2.1.1. Can you check what happens to the ~/.DCOPserver* files ? -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<