List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Automounted HOME and multiple logins
From:       Mathias Waack <mathias () atoll-net ! de>
Date:       2001-04-12 7:39:42

Hi all,

after upgrading to 2.1.1 I've got a problem which seemed to be solved
in 2.0: Our Machines are mostly Suns running Solaris 8. The home dirs
are automounted. If I log into different machines at the same time,
KDE runs amok after some time: starting a new KDE program results in
something like a fork-forever in kdeinit. The system gets terrible
slow, but thats not a wonder: there are more then 250 instances of
kdeinit running. It doesn't help to kill them, because there are
restarted immediatly.
Is this a know problem? I've seen this problem in the 2.0 betas, it
seemed to be solved in 2.0.

Mathias

BTW: it was the first time KDE crashed completly on our Solaris boxes
since 2.1. Nice work.