List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QuickPrint implementation (RFC)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-31 20:51:18

On Saturday 31 March 2001 10:37, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> On Saturday 31 March 2001 18:36, Michael Matz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > > So, before doing anything, let's wait a little bit for other people's
> > > comment (I hope there will be some).
>
> Hmm! I think it was me (too) who proposed the quickprint idea :-|
> I like some of the arguments :-))
> Consequently we should immediatly remove some of the buttons (save, delete)
> which do not ask the user if he/she realy wants to do the action - NoNoNo!

"Save" is not considered destructive. "Delete" is and it should either ask
for confirmation, or be undoable. If you know of applications where this is
not the file a bugreport for it so that it can be fixed.

> If I have only ONE printer (at home) why should I go through the option
> dialog?

To confirm that you want to print. Printing costs money and trees. You don't
want to waste that.

Cheers,
Waldo
--