List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Any new name suggestions for Kant ?
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-03-31 6:19:33

On Thursday 29 March 2001 12:46 pm, Cullmann Christoph wrote:
> Hi,
> at dot.kde.org and in many mails people want a rename of kant to something
> more intuitive (and "kant" seems to be pronounced like "c*nt", which isn't
> very nice).
> Therefor I want to get some suggestions of a new name for Kant.
> Any ideas, comments, ... ?
>
> The new name should fullfill following things (which the current name
> doesn't fullfill):
> 1. People should get a hint what the app is (a texteditor).
> 2. It should be not to long (nobody wants to type 10.000 letters to start
> it). 3. Should start with K (would be nice, but perhaps no real MUST).

Aside from my tongue-in-cheek response would something along the lines of
Kate  K or KDE Advanced Text Editor  or as people In the know would be able
to pronounce it it Katy?
This has to be better than NoAtun (no offense Charles ) which sounds something
like a sneeze ;)

But all seriousness aside I would hope that more bug fixing or my personal
favorite (less BLOAT) goes into the development than the discussion about
what to call it.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world