List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror 2.1.1 and phpMyAdmin: password dialog repeatedly opened.
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 22:48:39

Hi..

> Yes me.  First check to make sure you do not have any older version of
> "kdesud" in the way, i.e. the older version's path does not come before the
> newer one. If that is not the case, do the following:

yes, i had this exact problem.. an old (and i mean old.. from 1.9-something
or other) kdesud plopped in /usr/bin/... the fool proof way to find this is
try to start kdesud from the command line... if you do have an old version
somewhere, you will immediately see the library loading fail and kdesud not
start up (which of course gets in the way of caching u/ps)

--
Aaron Seigo