List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Programmer's editor
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2001-03-30 22:50:36

To anyone wanting a nice, quick, damn fast and featureful programmer's
editor that runs on almost anything, check out
http://www.conectiva.com.ar/ralsina/kfte-test2.tgz

This baby has frontends for DOS, OS/2, linux console, vtxxx terminals,
plain X, Qt and windows.

It has way more features than I can name here, but the main one: I need a
few testers ;-)

If you have used kfte from CVS, this is the same editor, only it now works
much better :-)

No binaries, but building from source is not too hard.... I hope.

For a Qt frontend: edit src/fte-qt.mak, change the Qt paths as needed,
then do "make -f fte-qt.mak"

For a KDE frontend: edit src/fte-kde.mak, change the Qt and KDE paths as
needed, then do "make -f fte-kde.mak"

For plain X, console, etc, well, you get the idea ;-)

Hope you like it!

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)