List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror 2.1.1 and phpMyAdmin: password dialog repeatedly
From:       Thomas Leitner <tom () radar ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-03-30 21:46:04

> On Friday 30 March 2001 03:11 am, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> > each and every database access.
> >
> > In my konqueror settings, I have enabled all cookies!
> >
> phpMyAdmin does not have a "password dialog" per se. Most likely you are
> talking using .htaccess? I'm not a khtml wizard but it would be helpful to
> know more. I have seen this problem with SSL upgraded and kdelibs not
> recompiled. I suspect this has nothing at all to do with cookies, at least
> not if it is an htaccess dialog.

Are you sure that phpMyAdmin does not have a password dialog? I definately
need to enter a username/password of a user in the PHP database to gain
access. After experiencing this problem, I repeatedly entered the password
and finally got through to the mysql/user table where I've tried to
enter a blank passwort for the mysql "root" user. After the change, I
needed to enter a blank password but I still needed to enter a password!

So it really seems as this is a phpMyAdmin password and no .htaccess
Problem. I've just looked and I don't even have a .htaccess file there.

Interestingly phpGroupware (which we use extensively here) works without
problems in konqueror. On the other hand, phpGroupware has its own login
dialog embedded in the web page. For phpMyAdmin, I get the same login
dialog I get when logging in to a .htaccess protected site.

All that used to work before in KDE 2.1 (except that the database list on
the left hand frame could not be expanded).

Any more ideas?

Thanks // Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom@radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://www.radar.tugraz.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net