List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2beta1
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-30 21:07:30

On Friday 30 March 2001 11:16, Sergio Moretti wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 March 2001 06:40, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > * new kio-slave configuration
>
> 4th one, I CC to you because it seems that my messages are a bit slowly
> accepted in kde-devel.

No need to send them 4 times though.

> I patch the ftp slave to use the new conf, and it seems to work ;)
> for me it's time to wait for you opinions.

Well, as I said earlier, I don't like the slave asking for stuff. I rather
just send it the relevant stuff. In the meantime I have added the framework
for sending configuration from the application-side to the slave.

The next step is to make the configuration manager at application side. One
problem there is that it must decide which config items are relevant for
which slave. (With the slave asking for config-items itself that would have
been easier)

The configuration manager will lookup slave settings itself with the
possibility for an application to override some or all of the settings, or
add extra settings.

When that is in place we can convert the slaves to use the new config stuff,
instead of having them read there settings themselves.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com