List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2beta1
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2001-03-28 15:53:51

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 06:40, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> [Second attempt, no idea where the first one went...]
>
> Hiya,
>
> KDE 2.2beta1 is planned for next week but several people warned that they
> are still midway some changes that they would like to complete before the
> first beta. So in order to make a decision about KDE 2.2beta1 I would like
> to hear from you if you are working on something that is currently not
> ready yet to be released. I would also like to know when you expect it to
> be ready (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months....)
>
> I especially would like to hear about the status of the following issues:
>
> * dom2 event stuff
> * new kio-slave configuration
> * doc generation
> * LPR support of new printing framework
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Hi,

currently I'm trying to speed xml gui app, I don't know if I will have
success, but for the case that I succeed, I think this should go into beta1.
We also need to do something for the ioslave documentation (the ioslave info
module, have a look at it, with the current smbro ioslave installed).
I think two or three weeks would be ok.

I don't think we have to release a beta next week, we just released 2.1.1
yesterday.

Which major improvements does current cvs include against 2.1 which would
justify a release  2.2 ? Is a 2.1.2 planned ?

Bye
Alex