List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2beta1
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-28 12:02:44

> > But before porting, it should be extensively tested on various systems. I didn't
> > hear yet of any developer who tested the new print framework.
>
> Right, but there's no best way to get testing than to enable the stuff in CVS ;-)
> That's the whole point of CVS :)
>
> Maybe port one or two apps - say, kedit and/or kant, and kview, to see
> the things to be aware of when porting (even if it's only s/QPrinter/KPrinter/
> there are at least #includes and LDADDs to fix), and to make it easier for
> developers and "bleeding-edge users" to test.

I don't have access to CVS, so maybe someone else could do it.

Note that kedit is not a straightforward port as it is not using standard Qt print
mechanism. But porting the khtml library is really easy. Of course, for testing
purpose, it's not the most suited example...

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM