List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: how is kxmlrpcd started ?
From:       Christoph Bartoschek <bartoschek () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-03-22 23:25:39

Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2001 23:23 schrieb Kurt Granroth:
> aleXXX wrote:
> > I don't need kxmlrpcd running, how can I disable that it is started
> > when KDE starts ?
>
> This was just discussed a few days ago.  In share/config/kxmlrpcd,
>
> [General]
> StartServer=false

I have tried to understand the mechanism, which starts kxmlrpcd and
found the file /src/kde/kdebase/kcontrol/HOWTO which answered my
questions.

But there is one left:

I can prevent kxmlrpcd from starting by editing config/kxmlrpcd or by
deleting the X-KDE-Init line from services/kxmlrpcd.desktop.

Does the second alternative have any side effects, or are the methods
equivalent?

Christoph