Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2001 23:23 schrieb Kurt Granroth: > aleXXX wrote: > > I don't need kxmlrpcd running, how can I disable that it is started > > when KDE starts ? > > This was just discussed a few days ago. In share/config/kxmlrpcd, > > [General] > StartServer=false I have tried to understand the mechanism, which starts kxmlrpcd and found the file /src/kde/kdebase/kcontrol/HOWTO which answered my questions. But there is one left: I can prevent kxmlrpcd from starting by editing config/kxmlrpcd or by deleting the X-KDE-Init line from services/kxmlrpcd.desktop. Does the second alternative have any side effects, or are the methods equivalent? Christoph >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<