List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.2 RELEASE SCHEDULE (update)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-06 22:25:59

On Tuesday 06 March 2001 02:49, aleXXX wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 March 2001 07:27, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > The feedback received on the proposal for the 2.2. release schedule
> > indicates a need for some more time to do structural improvements to KDE
> > between now and KDE 2.2 and the need for an independent release of
> > KOffice.
> >
> > David Faure and I agreed that David will propose a release schedule for
> > KOffice and coordinate that release while I will coordinate the KDE 2.2
> > release.
>
> From the website:
>
> KDE 2.2 Beta 1
> Thursday March 22
> The HEAD branch is temporary frozen : bugfix commits only
>
> Don't you think that if we delay the final 2.2 we could also delay the
> first beta ? Beta's with to much changes afterwards are not that useful I
> think.

The purpose of beta's is to get feedback about the code. The earlier we get
that feedback the longer we have time to fix things.

Every 100 lines of new code introduces a certain amount of bugs. By having
betas at regular intervals we will be able to find and fix those bugs over a
longer period of time instead of being swamped by them all at once.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com