List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdelibs/kdeprint weirdness with MOC files ..
From:       Thomas Leitner <tom () radar ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-03-06 22:08:49

Hi,

I got lots of multiply defined symbols when linking the kdeprint library.
I found out that, for some unknown reason, MOC files are created twice
for some modules, namely:

k/kdelibs/kdeprint> ls *moc*
kprintcopiespage.moc             kprintdialogbase.moc.lo
kprintcopiespagebase.moc         kprinterpropertydialog.moc
kprintcopiespagebase.moc.cpp     kprintsizecolorpage.moc
kprintcopiespagebase.moc.lo      kprintsizecolorpagebase.moc
kprintdialog.moc                 kprintsizecolorpagebase.moc.cpp
kprintdialogbase.moc             kprintsizecolorpagebase.moc.lo
kprintdialogbase.moc.cpp         previewshell.moc

The files kprintcopiespagebase.moc.cpp, kprintdialogbase.moc.cpp as well
as kprintsizecolorpagebase.moc.cpp are too much here.

They have the same contents as the *.moc files and they are compiled as
well which leads to the multiply defined symbols.

This *only* happens in kdelibs/kdeprint and nowhere else in the whole
big KDE source tree so there must be something wrong in kdelibs/kdeprint.

Could someone please fix this?

Thanks // Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom@radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://www.radar.tugraz.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net