List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.2 RELEASE SCHEDULE (update)
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2001-03-06 12:46:07

Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org> wrote:
> The feedback received on the proposal for the 2.2. release schedule
> indicates a need for some more time to do structural improvements to
> KDE between now and KDE 2.2 and the need for an independent release
> of KOffice.

Have you considered including courtesy packages of the latest stable
KOffice release in the KDE 2.2 distribution?  I think this would have
made sense for KDE 2.1, as now almost everyone thinks that there is no
KOffice for KDE 2.1.  But maybe it's different with KDE 2.2 especially
if KOffice will follow very shortly after.

The latest stable KOffice packages should at least be officially
available from a directory other than
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/2.0.1/distribution/.

-N.