List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kde 2.1 compile probs (doc and games)
From:       Joerg Stadermann <jstadermann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-02-28 11:04:06

Hi all,

kde 2.1 is great and really fun to use. That said, I have two minor
problems:

1) I can't build the documentation from sources. I have all the necessary
tools installed, following the instructions on
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/install.html. This is what I get everytime:

jade:/opt/kde2/share/apps/ksgmltools/stylesheets/kde.dsl:604:2: start tag was
here
jade:/opt/kde2/share/apps/ksgmltools/stylesheets/kde.dsl:628:13:E: end tag
for "EXTERNAL-SPECIFICATION" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specifiedj

I guess it's a stylesheet problem, but I can't figure a way to fix it. This
is not a problem with kde 2.1, it began with 2.1 beta2.

2) I can't compile any games. I get the following error for all games:

In file included from Network.cpp:1:
../config.h:62: abstract declarator used as declaration
../config.h:64: parse error before `false'
../config.h:65: parse error before `true'

The only way to get around this, is hacking config.h :

#ifndef HAVE_BOOL
#define HAVE_BOOL
// typedef int bool;
// #ifdef __cplusplus
// const bool false = 0;
// const bool true = 1;
#else
#define false (bool)0;
#define true (bool)1;
#endif
// #endif

This way I can compile most of the games, but I wonder what's wrong here.
My setup is:
Redhat 6.0
Kernel 2.4.1
egcs 291.66