List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: another compilation problem with qt-copy
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-02-28 11:58:01

* Michael Brade -- Tuesday 27 February 2001 22:56:
> * On Tuesday 27 February 2001 22:32, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > I get an error message when I compile qt-copy:
> >
> >   g++ -L/home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib
> > -lpthread -o ./guithreads main.o   -lqt-mt
> > /home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to
> > `qPRCleanup(QWidget *)' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> I had a similar problem: you need to remove the old qt libs, otherwise they
> get used somehow during the linking process. I unset' all the LIBRARY_PATH
> environment variables as well and recompiled. That did it for me.

Didn't work for me. I've removed =all= libqt files from the
harddisk, removed the entries in /etc/ld.so.conf and did a
ldconfig, unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH and set QTDIR appropriately.
I've also configured QT without threads and opengl. Compiling
of libqt seems to work ... BUT: compiling of any other
QT-program (designer, tutorial1, etc) still stops with the
message

  libqt.so: undefined reference to `qPRCleanup(QWidget *)'

lsof shows me that indeed the just compiled libqt is used,
yet the label qPRCleanup can't be found!??
objdump seems to show that the label is there and OK.

What can I do? (Except banging my head against the desk.)

m.

PS: QT configure like that:

-platform linux-g++
-no-g++-exceptions