List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: another compilation problem with qt-copy
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-02-27 22:12:50

* Michael Brade -- Tuesday 27 February 2001 22:56:
> * On Tuesday 27 February 2001 22:32, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> >   g++ -L/home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib
> > -lpthread -o ./guithreads main.o   -lqt-mt
> > /home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to
> > `qPRCleanup(QWidget *)' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> I had a similar problem: you need to remove the old qt libs, otherwise they
> get used somehow during the linking process. I unset' all the LIBRARY_PATH
> environment variables as well and recompiled. That did it for me.

Oh Dear ... yes I'll try this. (Although it sounds weird. qt-copy
expects QTDIR to be set to the current directory -- and yet complains about
some libraries it finds elsewhere? OK, it's the linker, but anyway.)

> > Removing the "-thread" option doesn't help either, because I get
> > another error message from the "configure" script.
> >
> >   /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 is a threaded library, Qt needs to be as well.
> Yup, then you need to use -no-opengl for configure.

But -no-opengl is an option for KDE configure scripts. There's no such
option mentioned in qt-copy/configure. But there's some auto detection
stuff going on behind the scenes. (Doesn't look very clean, if you ask

Thanks
m.