List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: another compilation problem with qt-copy
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-02-27 21:56:53

Hi,

On Tuesday 27 February 2001 22:32, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Gnu C:            2.95.2
> Linux C Library:  /lib/libc.so.6
>

> After "make clean" and configuring with
>
>   function confqt()
>   {       echo yes|QTDIR=`pwd` CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -O2 -fno-strength-reduce
> -m486" ./configure \ -platform linux-g++ \
>                   -no-g++-exceptions \
>                   -shared \
>                   -gif \
>                   -system-zlib \
>                   -system-jpeg \
>                   -system-libpng \
>                   -system-libmng \
>                   -sm \
>                   -kde \
>                   -debug \
>                   -thread
>   }
>

> I get an error message when I compile qt-copy:
>
>   g++ -L/home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib
> -lpthread -o ./guithreads main.o   -lqt-mt
> /home/m/kde/qt-copy/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to
> `qPRCleanup(QWidget *)' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I had a similar problem: you need to remove the old qt libs, otherwise they
get used somehow during the linking process. I unset' all the LIBRARY_PATH
environment variables as well and recompiled. That did it for me.

> Removing the "-thread" option doesn't help either, because I get
> another error message from the "configure" script.
>
>   /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 is a threaded library, Qt needs to be as well.
Yup, then you need to use -no-opengl for configure.

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.