List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE colors, fonts and mouse poibters
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-27 7:37:34

On Monday 26 February 2001 22:45, Reinhard Thies wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am writing this mail for a group of users, and myself,  having
> difficulties to look onto a standard colored desktop. Because of
> problems with their eyes they need high dark contrast color schemes like
> the " High Black Contrast " on a WinXX system, where the background is
> black and the textcolors are white.
> The mouse cursor should be white as well.
>
> From my experience with KDE, KDE apps. and KOffice I learned that it
> seems not possible to configure the system in that way.
>
> Is it possible in any way to configure the system in that way ?
> Is it something which can be implemented ?
> Is their an interest to implement this ?

Hi,

Did you have a look at the Colors option in the Control Center under Look &
Feel? You can create here your own color schemes as well. If you are able to
make a color scheme that works well for you, you can send it to me or to this
list so that we can include it with the next release of KDE.

You might also want to try out the various "styles" (Look & Feel -> Style)
some of them might be more clear than others.

If you let us know what works for you and what doesn't we might be able to
make a special color scheme and/or style that works best for users in your
position.

Cheers,
Waldo
--