List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: call for Applications for Nautilus (short notice)
From:       Seth Nickell <snickell () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2001-02-26 5:32:32

> I have more general question to you.
> Are you going (can ?) support , for example, WAV via KDE's Konqueror or Media
> Player?
> Like, to setup Nautilus in such way that Konqueror (or KDE's Media Player) is
> launched  when you click on WAV file in Nautilus?

I don't know, I assume this would be possible. Nautilus is capable of
playing most media types natively using an xmms like library.

> AFAIK Nautilus is File Manager.
> How you are going to manage HTML files?
> Will you launch Konqueror for HTML, or...?

Nautilus uses the Gecko engine to render HTML files and GnomeVFS (KIO is
a similar idea) for handling HTTP/FTP/File etc., so while we could
launch Konqueror for HTML, we are probably more likely to use our own
handling ;-) On the other hand, I will put Konqi in the database as
handling text/html so it will be an option to users.

> What happens in Nautilus when you click on Flash (.swf) file?

Probably nothing unless NS6/Mozilla registers to handle these (which it
will may).

> While GIMP is most likely suported by nautilus, I am wondering about Image
> Viewer, Pixie and Icon Editor?

We will at least want them registered in the database to make it easy
for users to choose them as one of the options.

-Seth