List:       kde-devel
Subject:    remote KDE2
From:       "Martin A. Marques" <martin () math ! unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2001-02-23 13:08:31

In our local net we have a GUI server and 1 remote X, so people logging to the
server (big machine) from an old 486 with 8Mb of RAM. We have on the 486 an
X -quiet -query <main server>. This works great, until now.
I was making some tests on KDE2 on the main machine, and it looked great. But
when I went to login to the remote X server I have problems. The login goes
well (at least it looks like), but I can't execute any application (nothing,
except non KDE2 applications).
I won't upgrade the KDE1 to KDE2 if this stays this way. Has anybody heard
about this? Is there a solution to this?

Saludos... :-)

P.D.: I just got the KDE-2.1Beta2 installed, and I can't authenticate back
froma locked screen.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.