List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about CVS acces + kdelibs devel
From:       Michael Jarrett <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2001-02-20 21:17:56

jowenn@bigfoot.com wrote:
> If I work on kdelibs, is it possible to use a
> newly compiled kdeui lib on the fly without
> closing all K-Applications ?

Hmmm... yup. At least it does on Linux - may depend on how files/shared
libs are handled on your system.

I routinely update libs, restart a test app, and look at the changes.
However, it doesn't work for some apps - KWrite being a good example. I
think because it is a part, it stays in mem for awhile or something.

As for CVS access, if you submit a few good patches to the kwrite
people, I'm sure people will take notice in a relatively short period of
time.

Michael Jarrett
michaelj@corel.com
--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail