List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2.1 which is in debian unstable gets really sloooowww after some time
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-20 18:32:00

On Wednesday 20 December 2000 12:34, Michael Meding wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using debian unstable with latest test kernel.
>
> KDE2.1 is really nice, the features are really useful.
>
> However I dicovered that the suid root demon (ksomething) dies after a
> while and the system is really getting slow to a point where it is rendered
> useless. One has to restart kde to regain the speed.

You mean kdesud.  I got a report on that, but it was reported to only occur when you
close the konqueror window.  I have fixed that. However, this is the first report I got that
the kdesud daemon dies after a while...  Do you see any debug output on the terminal
you started X from or is that output in debian re-directed to a file, ex: xerrors ?  I will be
curious to see why it crashes.  I also use the two appliactions you promised heavily and
have no problems whatsoever...

Regards,
Dawit A.