List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE2.1 which is in debian unstable gets really sloooowww after some time
From:       Michael Meding <Michael () Meding ! net>
Date:       2000-12-20 16:55:55

Hi all,

I am using debian unstable with latest test kernel.

KDE2.1 is really nice, the features are really useful.

However I dicovered that the suid root demon (ksomething) dies after a while
and the system is really getting slow to a point where it is rendered
useless. One has to restart kde to regain the speed.

During usage time I use heavily konqueror and kmai, just letting them opened
leaves the machine in a period of roughly 10 hours in a very unresponsive
state. It also swaps a lot if you switch between konquerors windows.

I am not filling a bug report since there may be other influencing factors.
Anybody got something similar ?

Keep up the good work!

Greetings

Michael Meding