List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: audiocd kioslave debut
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-11-23 21:23:15

Nice! :)

Why not add this information to multimedia.kde.org (cvs://www/multimedia)

Ooh! a cvs ioslave :)

On torsdag 23 november 2000, 12:44 pm, Rik Hemsley wrote:
[snip]

> Now, if anyone tells you KDE is crap, open a konqy window at audiocd:/,
> drag-select all the icons and drop them on your hard disk. Error-corrected
> ripping to wav files. Now what we need is to see a KDE CD ripper + vorbis *
> encoder that works with this.
Make a noatun plugin for that :)

And in addition, this makes audiocd://bleh/file1.wav possible with two
exceptions:
o  If KURL::isLocal is false, it'l copy the file to the disk and then play
it.  (is that a missing feature in KIO I feel?  KIO::isLocal(KURL) where it'd
check if that protocol is identified as "local" or "remote" (also known as
"slow" and "fast" :)
o  arts tries to load wav files into memory

We could do audiocd://vorbis/track1.ogg where it automagically encodes.

Oh, how about CDDB support? ;)

-Charles