List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail message body fonts get messed up
From:       Bart Szyszka <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2000-10-31 17:45:35

> > The font in the message body of Kmail is currently messed up. It's set
> > up for Helvetica 12pt, but instead I'm getting these large blocky
> > letters. Kmail is unuseable that way. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm
> > using Kmail 1.1.99 with KDE 2.0. Changing the type of headers that are
> > being displayed isn't helping and neither is the Layout mode. I'm
> > planning on making Linux the default OS on this machine instead of WinMe,
> > but can only do that if I have a decent e-mail program.
> Does this happen when you start composing a new letter or when you are
> replying to a message? If the latter, what was the charset of the
> original message? Does changing charset in composer window menu help? And
> what is your charset there anyway?

Actually, it happens in the message preview pane (and if I double-click a
message to load it in a new window) AND it happens in Konqueror on web pages.
Out of the blue the fonts just go bad. Manually changing charsets and playing
with fonts doesn't do anything except possibly change the size of the large
blocky text. It's still completely unacceptable. This has happened to me
before. Right now I just completely uninstalled everything, removed any
traces of KDE2 I could find, and then reinstalled. That worked, but I don't
want to have to do that each time this problem happens.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com