List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail message body fonts get messed up
From:       Jacek Stolarczyk <jacek () mer ! chemia ! polsl ! gliwice ! pl>
Date:       2000-10-31 16:35:04

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Bart Szyszka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The font in the message body of Kmail is currently messed up. It's set
> up for Helvetica 12pt, but instead I'm getting these large blocky letters.
> Kmail is unuseable that way. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm using Kmail
> 1.1.99 with KDE 2.0. Changing the type of headers that are being displayed
> isn't helping and neither is the Layout mode. I'm planning on making
> Linux the default OS on this machine instead of WinMe, but can only
> do that if I have a decent e-mail program.

Hi,

Does this happen when you start composing a new letter or when you are
replying to a message? If the latter, what was the charset of the
original message? Does changing charset in composer window menu help? And
what is your charset there anyway?

Sorry for so many questions but they may help us solve your problem.

Regards,

Jacek Stolarczyk
--
jstolarz@kde.org
Coordinator of Polish translations of KDE