List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2 is great, fantastic and a wonderful desktop
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2000-10-28 22:52:57

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 12:37:39AM +0200, Lennart Kudling wrote:
> But: why not define a common layer between the dirty work (the
> distribution specific) for such configuration stuff ? The specific stuff
> would be handled by a suse/mandrake/corel/caldera/rh/debian/...-plug-in
> (meaning: a plugin for linuxconf, yast, coas, debconf,...)

Don't forget about non-Linux environments that run KDE perfectly well.

But that doesn't mean such configuration tools shouldn't be included: I've
got a Samba kcm module and pcmcia modules at the moment but last time I
checked neither of these two were needed. But I'm not complaining about
those, so I don't think people would complain if there was - for example - a
XFree config module.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | cap@capsi.com cap@capsi.net cap@capsi.co.uk cap@capsi.cx