List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Old kdeinit/dcopserver error... New data
From:       Michael Matz <matzmich () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-10-13 3:50:28

Hi,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Bill Soudan wrote:
> > The last command never returned...
> >
> > kbuildsyscoca still has not returned... Any ideas? dcopserver is
> > running, but is it running correctly???

From the time dcopserver used (over six minutes) it seems, dcopserver is
misbehaving, and the hanging kbuildsycoca would be a result of that. Eric:
can you please try to start as before, then kbuildsycoca in the
background, and attach to the running dcopserver process using gdb?
Command is "gdb <path to dcopserver executable> <pid of dcopserver>" and
then providing a backtrace (may be multiple ones, when you continue, break
and backtrace again, if they are different), so we can see, where it
hangs.

Ciao,
Michael.