List:       kde-devel
Subject:    AW: Performance
From:       "Joseph WENNINGER" <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2000-06-25 7:15:38

Hi,
If you talk about the "perceived speed", I think one of the biggest problem,
especially for Windows users are the pusbuttons. I use a PII 350, 192MB-Ram
Suse 6.4 and if I click on any button in any application the visual response
appears only if I hold the mouse down for nearly one second. Whereas M$Win
reacts nearly the same moment I press the mouse button without any delay.

I doesn't bother my, but I think other users, especially M$Win users, can
get the feeling that KDE is really slow.

I'm not sure, is this delay intended to prevent another two repaints of the
screen, if you click the button for a short time