List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The Licencing Issue
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-13 13:26:59

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Talin wrote:
>
> Everything I say below is just my opinion, I am not speaking for anyone.
>
> > Here are some things that I hear often from KDE developers on this
> > issue:
> >
> > 1. "We don't need to change the license, therefore we won't change it."
> >
> >       My question is: Do you generally refuse to add features that your users
> > have requested, even if you personally don't need them?
>
> I refuse to do lots of things if I feel I shouldn't do them.

You know, this same question can be asked of Debian ;-) It is legal to
include KDE, their users ask them to do so all the time, everyone else
does, yet they refuse :) Debian refuses to do things all the time if
they are asked to do something they feel is wrong :P

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org