List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Liscencing Issue - Taking Action
From:       "Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty () tdyc ! com>
Date:       2000-06-10 13:08:03

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 08:20:22AM -0100, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, troy wrote:
>
> > As of this moment, I hereby nominate myself to contact everyone in the
> > kde-common/accounts personally and request their permission to change the
> > licencing of any GPLed and/or LGPed files in the CVS tree to add the clause
> > that states that it can include QPLed software.
>
> I do not allow to change the license of any code that's copyrighted to
> me in that way!
>
> If some hare-brained debians (not debian as a whole) don't get the
> rather obvious implied permission it's their problem not mine.
>
> Uwe

excuse me...but (and yes I am a hare-brained debian person)...my company
won't allow me to use kde because of the licensing issues...yes, it may be
implied...but unless it's in a written format it don't mean shit to our
lawyers...and therefore if it's something they can't be 100% sure won't
bite them on the ass (not that this ever will) they won't allow it.

Ivan