List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail slow
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-06-10 13:40:37

> I was thinking to make such widget for the message history of KXicq ( i
> have 50.000+ messages in my history ), so i realy need such widget.

Cool. If you are inserting 50K+ items into a QListView then you will know
what I'm talking about when I say it's a bit slow.

> The only problem i still facing is the problem of selecting all read and
> unread messages or per contact. That still takes some time.. and I think
> that counts also for KMail, because it want to say how many messages are
> read. KXicq needs to do it per contact.

Right that was a problem in KMail 1.0.x. Now in KMail 1.1.x I keep a count of
unread messages for each folder in the config file (the total number of
messages in a folder is stored in the index).

Now the problem is keeping the count of unread messages in sync.

> I thinking of doing it on startup, and count every new messages in a
> QList<contact>

BFN,
Don.