List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: JavaScript-Button in Konqueror
From:       Roland Seuhs <e9626680 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-05-26 13:39:54

John McNulty wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Roland Seuhs wrote:
> >
> > What do you think of a Toolbar-Button to turn on/off JavaScript in
> > Konqueror?
>
> Probaby not a toolbar button as it's not something that people are going to
> want to do very often,

I usually have JavaScript turned off and turn it only on when I really
need it, because I can't stand all these popup-windows.

Another possibility might be to use the same system which is used for
cookies...

> but certainly a menu option, it it's not already there.
> Sorry, I've not seen konqueror in action yet, two failed attempts so far at
> trying to get kde 1.90 loaded, but that's another subject for another time.
>
> Being able to turn off javascript is crutial.  There are some very unfriendly
> sites out there that love to hijack your desktop with extra windows you didn't
> ask for.

Exactly, but there are others where you need JavaScript to view them
correctly - so you might need to turn it on and off regularily.

Greets,

Roland();

--
  Roland Seuhs