List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: JavaScript-Button in Konqueror
From:       Peter Kelly <pmk () post ! com>
Date:       2000-05-26 15:30:35

John McNulty wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Roland Seuhs wrote:
> >
> > What do you think of a Toolbar-Button to turn on/off JavaScript in
> > Konqueror?
>
> Probaby not a toolbar button as it's not something that people are going to
> want to do very often, but certainly a menu option, it it's not already there.
> Sorry, I've not seen konqueror in action yet, two failed attempts so far at
> trying to get kde 1.90 loaded, but that's another subject for another time.
>
> Being able to turn off javascript is crutial.  There are some very unfriendly
> sites out there that love to hijack your desktop with extra windows you didn't
> ask for.

Actually, if it's things like this you're trying to avoid, I think more
convenient solution could be to have a few options in one of the
configuration dialogs that let you disable certain javascript features.
One could be "enable popup windows", or perhaps even "enable window
control" (I've seen sites which resize/maximize your window which can
also be annoying).

--
Peter Kelly
pmk@post.com