List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated Menu's
From:       Dan Pilone <dpilone () blueprint-technologies ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 18:15:05

Previously written in blue crayon:
 > > Well, your just plain wacky then <grin> ;-)
 > >

 > I requested Animated Menu's (and got this thread going
 > :/ ), and I personally would use them and have them
 > on. I would also like them to be configurable like
 > themes.

	I'm going to have to agree with Jono on the whole default
thing.  I fixed the menu code just so we'd have it in there (I hated
seeing Mario's work go away) but since then I really like having
them.  They're snappy, so I don't feel like things are slow, and are
soothing on my eyeballs.  :)  Anyway, I would say that the fact
they're on by default in Win2000 should say something.. I know
microsoft isn't always the best example, but they have been trying to
smooth out the UI for some time now.  For instance, I also like their
smooth scrolling of windows (IE for instance).  Anyway, just my $.02
-- Dan

--
Dan Pilone
Framework/Component Engineer