List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Naming Names
From:       Pam R <pam.roberts () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 18:00:54

I'm sure that I am not the only who gets confused when the program
names in the K start menu are not the acutal program names.

For example if - as a beginner - I am told to use 'Kedit', I look
through the menu items and can't find it, there is a 'Text Editor' and
an 'Advanced Text Editor', but no reference to 'Kedit'. Of course, I can
always launch the 'Text Editor' and see if it says 'Kedit' in the
title bar, but I shouldn't have to (and some applications don't even
have their names in the title bar). Presumably the problem will be worse
in translations.

Could I therefore make a plea for the actual program names to be
included in _all_ start menu entries, and in the application title bars.

And what is 'Dr. Konqi' ? <g>

Pam