List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated Menu's
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-09 0:34:34

Dan Pilone wrote:

> Previously written in blue crayon:
>  > > Well, your just plain wacky then <grin> ;-)
>  > >
>  >
>  > I requested Animated Menu's (and got this thread going
>  > :/ ), and I personally would use them and have them
>  > on. I would also like them to be configurable like
>  > themes.
>
>         I'm going to have to agree with Jono on the whole default
> thing.  I fixed the menu code just so we'd have it in there (I hated
> seeing Mario's work go away) but since then I really like having
> them.  They're snappy, so I don't feel like things are slow, and are
> soothing on my eyeballs.  :)  Anyway, I would say that the fact
> they're on by default in Win2000 should say something.. I know
> microsoft isn't always the best example, but they have been trying to
> smooth out the UI for some time now.  For instance, I also like their
> smooth scrolling of windows (IE for instance).  Anyway, just my $.02
> -- Dan

Microsoft having them on by default isn't very convincing ;-) This is
coming from the people whose first version of their GUI couldn't overlap
windows :P

Really, I think I am being quite fair by agreeing to have an effect in
the standard style and allowing users to turn it on, then seeing how
they react. I don't have much else to say.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org