List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move to SourceForge
From:       Konrad Wojas <wojas () vvtp ! tn ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2000-05-05 19:23:02

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 12:24:43AM -0100, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:
>
> > In any event, I was just told that there might be a way to have the
> > DNS change happen within seconds.  We'll see tomorrow :-)
>
> You tell me how I'll believe it (perhaps). DNS is a distributed
> database with lots of (distributed) caches. If you find a method to
> propagate DNS changes through the whole Internet within seconds
> you'll on your way to a millionaire (besides becoming the hero of
> all network admins ;-).

It's possible to change the DNS record timeout value to a few minutes
today to make all DNS cache's check the record more often and change it
back to a few hours tomorrow once the record is updated. All cache's
should be updated in a few minutes this way.

--
K. Wojas                              .~.
~  wojas@vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl          / V \